Monday, May 14, 2007

Taking the tram

Something prompted me to take these photos of the tram the other day while I was walking home. When you see something every day, you forget that it was once new and strange.



When I first arrived, I had a system for keeping everything straight. The bus is just a bus but if you have to pay more then it's a special route bus. The vehicle that goes on the road but has a wire at the top is a trolley. The vehicle that is attached on top but has its own track is the tram. Now I don't have to think about it too hard. :)




I like the tram because it goes nice and slowly and I don't get motion sickness. On the other hand, if you want to get somewhere fast, you're out of luck. Another feature of the tram is that the route sometimes goes across different metro lines and is therefore more convenient than going all the way down one metro line and up another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...