Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Twilight Zone

Getting ready to go to Africa is a very strange feeling! I don't know why it seems so different from the rest of the world, but I will soon find out.

Today, however, I found myself outside of St.Petersburg at the site of a future camping ground. We were clearing the area to make it usable. While we were there, everyone starting receiving phone calls that there had been a radiation spill. Another call confirmed that it had been on the news and that Russians were being advised to stay home and drink a special milk concoction.

Meanwhile, we had a cookout and got acquainted with a lizard named Sasha (so named by the 5-yr-old) whose mother tongue is Finnish.

I started taking anti-malarial pills yesterday. There are warnings written all over the container, and I thought it would have a strange effect on me, like turn me into a frog or something. But so far, all is well.

Now I still need to gather my things, and more importantly, my thoughts!

I'll see my family soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. When do you leave for Africa? Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pics of the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to hear all about it. How long do you stay? I hope the radiation spill is false!

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...