Thursday, January 29, 2009

Getting ready to return

I will probably keep mentioning visa stuff on here, but I wanted to change the focus.

For the past year, obtaining a visa has been the major theme. And even when I finally get to go back to Russia in a month or so, I'll be spending a lot of time planning my next visa move. I guess it's the season that I'm in.

I feel a little bit like I've been robbed (or robbed myself) of the higher purpose. Just like finding a job, moving, dealing with illness, these dilemmas are the facts of life. We do have to pay attention to them, and we do have to sometimes put other activities on hold while we deal with them.

But I don't want to forget everything else. I feel like it's been pushed aside, but it's still there. I was watching a movie about a custody battle, and I could feel the compassion for the orphans rising up. I couldn't remain indifferent, television or not.

I might have to change my vision a little, but it will come back.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I am still trying figure out what to do myself. Well if I make it back over I hope to be there when you are there.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...