Monday, March 16, 2009

The forgotten fast

I was enjoying some refreshments after church yesterday and realized that I had completely forgotten about Lent.

I'm not fasting, but I had made a note of Ash Wednesday and intended to observe Lent in some way.

Somehow, I've never had ideas for observing Lent as I do for Advent. During Holy Week I try to meditate on what Jesus was doing each day, but that's about it. I've found a few reading schedules online, but the passages seem a bit out of context. If I had to pick a section of the Bible, I would be inclined to choose one of the Gospels, to remember the ministry of Jesus leading up to His death and resurrection. I might include some of the Prophets as well.

Any suggestions?

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...