Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The homework

Okay, I promised to share how Min Joon's happiness assignment turned out. When I asked him about it, he asked, "I have to write about kind people or happy people?" I said "happy," and he quickly changed a word in his paper. Apparently I am not very good at checking for comprehension.



Translation: "I think happy people is all Christians. I don't know why, but I think so. And I think skinheads (in Russia) are very unhappy people because skinheads hit or kill black people in Hitler's birthday. I think this is very strange."

I'm not sure what to make of this assignment considering he mixed up "kind" and "happy." I wonder if they are similar words in Korean?

1 comment:

  1. That is odd.... Maybe he wrote about kind people, then figured - what the heck? Oddly, his thought do seem to "work" with either adjective. Handwriting work might be in order.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...