Monday, November 16, 2009

On your side, Part 2

Read this one first.

I didn't mean to understate the importance of solid, supportive relationships. I just wanted to emphasize the one perfect source of comfort. Not only will He not disappoint, but He will always receive me when I've made stupid mistakes.

Today I read Psalm 62: "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. " (I immediately remembered the John Michael Talbot song.)

Of course we cannot overlook the friends in our lives who are a testimony of God's provision. But it takes wisdom to know whom to turn to in each situation and which words to say.

I will leave it at that.

3 comments:

  1. Ну, тут только аминь можно сказать :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not quite agree with you, Liz. No, He will not always accepts us when we make stupid mistakes. God doesn't eliminate our stupid mistakes. For instance, if a person keeps charging his or her credit cards they will end up being in a huge amount of debt. No praying will take them out of it, unless they find a better source of income. Transpose it onto all areas of life, if you wish to see what I am saying.

    Do miracles happen? Yes, but only God knows to whom he will show the favor. Christians are being persecuted in China to the point of death. They're praying, yet they still die. Do they run to God for help? Yes. Yet, they are still being murdered.

    God is not a magician. I am amused to see how SO many Christians keep thinking they are gods and not He. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. V - I think we HOPE on one hand that God might transform the situation to suit us (as Jesus himself did in his Passion), yet we ask for His will, not ours...and we trust that He will transform whatever the outcome is to something good.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...