Friday, February 5, 2010

Almost, but not quite

In pursuit of a Temporary Residency Permit...

I presented my documents at the FMS today. They approved everything except the apostille on the FBI check. I asked for 3 weeks to try to figure something out.

I still have the original, so I can try again to get it apostilled, but I don't whom to ask since the standard U.S. procedure is to apostille a notarized copy (which is not accepted as valid by the Russian government).

Meanwhile, the FBI has JUST begun apostilling background checks that have been initiated after Jan.25, 2010. I could start over with the background check, but wouldn't receive it within 3 weeks, so I would have to ask for more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...