Sunday, January 13, 2013

In the house


I can’t get much reading done while nursing anymore, because David is constantly twisting around and batting things out of my hands, especially if they’re electronic (boys!).

A lot of times I sit there imagining a makeover for whatever room I’m sitting in. I play furniture Tetris in my head and play around with color schemes. If David lets me, I might even take a peek at the IKEA catalog.

Then my mind wanders to other rooms in the apartment, and maybe even to places I’ve lived in the past. And then of course I have to think of a way to convince my husband that these are good ideas, since he’s the one who’ll be doing the heavy-lifting. ;)

I love trying new ideas for decorating and also for cooking. Recently I tried that famous “Artisan Bread”…hmmm, the jury’s still out on that one.

But sometimes I stop in my tracks and remember King David's observation, "Here I am, living in a house of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent."

And for me it was "Here I am, with a well-loved IKEA catalog, while my Bible sits on the shelf."

Okay, the similarities don't go that far, but God used it to speak to me. :)

I don't know if I can get that much Bible reading done either, but I can certainly meditate on something a little  less worldly.


2 comments:

  1. I suppose an entire DAY spent on decor-meditation might be a bit much...but that is certainly the way MY mind goes... In fact, I'd pick up the Bible, be struck by a verse and then spend the next twenty minutes imaging how I'd paint in on a wall...which wall...in what color...style...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Making an Advent banner was the first sort of homemade decor we'd done since moving in, and it immediately added such a warmth to the atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...